Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default convert date to different format

When you say you have "dates in the format YYYYMMDD", do you mean you have *real* date values in cells that have been Cell Formatted to look like "YYYYMMDD", or do you mean you have "YYYYMMDD" looking text strings (that is, not *real* dates)? If you have *real* dates, then just use cell formatting to make them look like you want. If they are just text strings, then try this formula...

=TEXT(--TEXT(A1,"0000-00-00"),"mmddyyyy")

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"ILoveMyCorgi" wrote in message ...
I have data in columns A through P and in column C I have dates in the format
YYYYMMDD and I need the format MMDDYYYY. I only have one worksheet in this
file. Can anyone help me with this? susan