Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB NET and Excel

Hello everyone. Will be very appreciated for helping.
I am in the planning stage of desktop application development using VS2005(VB)
The program retrieves data from DB, then locate it on predesigned excel
sheet and save it. Program should work with all versions of Excel because
intranet users have those.
I am looking for way to include excel sheet into winform, with ability to
edit and save it. I tried already gembox, DSOFramer, but all looks likes
gaming, i need strong solutions if available. Unfortunately the responsible
person for excel templates changes it often and I should use direct input
data into ceils like A5="XXXX"
Thank you for any help
Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michael,

Why not use Excel directly? Just use late binding if you aren't sure of the version of Excel:
Dim oExcel As Object

oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
oExcel.Workbooks.Add

etc.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"grmotild" wrote in message
Hello everyone. Will be very appreciated for helping.
I am in the planning stage of desktop application development using VS2005(VB)
The program retrieves data from DB, then locate it on predesigned excel
sheet and save it. Program should work with all versions of Excel because
intranet users have those.
I am looking for way to include excel sheet into winform, with ability to
edit and save it. I tried already gembox, DSOFramer, but all looks likes
gaming, i need strong solutions if available. Unfortunately the responsible
person for excel templates changes it often and I should use direct input
data into ceils like A5="XXXX"
Thank you for any help
Michael
..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use Excel directly. I must however point out that there are issues
with automating Excel. Some include timers, concurrent access, activation
etc. You can use FarPoint and export to Excel.

UNDER and OVER any circumstance use DSOFramer. It is a beautiful girl but
that girl is so DANGEROUS.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The way normal people would program this is to write the data to a
database.

That way Excel people can handle the report writing and VB (or ASP)
people can write the custom application.