Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel - Sharing on a Network

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to make a workbook, sharable on a network, so that all
users can edit, and all new changes should be updated on everyone's computer,
even before the editor saves the new values. How do I begin? Has is got to do
with the Save Workspace (File Menu)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
--
A. Ch. Eirinberg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ToolsShare Workbook is the usual method.

From help on Shared Workbooks.............

If you want to get automatic updates of the other users' changes
periodically, with or without saving, click Share Workbook on the Tools
menu, click the Advanced tab, and under Update changes, click the options
you want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 08:29:01 -0800, Howard31
wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to make a workbook, sharable on a network, so that all
users can edit, and all new changes should be updated on everyone's computer,
even before the editor saves the new values. How do I begin? Has is got to do
with the Save Workspace (File Menu)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Howard,

Save Workspace saves the open workbooks in their current arrangement -
doesn't have to do with sharing.

Doug

"Howard31" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to make a workbook, sharable on a network, so that
all
users can edit, and all new changes should be updated on everyone's
computer,
even before the editor saves the new values. How do I begin? Has is got to
do
with the Save Workspace (File Menu)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
--
A. Ch. Eirinberg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gord,

I think you'll find that the ToolsShare Workbook will accept changes only
if the changes has been saved! I realy need to be able updating all the
sharing computers before the the computer that made a change has been saved.
--
A. Ch. Eirinberg

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

ToolsShare Workbook is the usual method.

From help on Shared Workbooks.............

wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to make a workbook, sharable on a network, so that all
users can edit, and all new changes should be updated on everyone's computer,
even before the editor saves the new values. How do I begin? Has is got to do
with the Save Workspace (File Menu)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is not what Help says.

If you want to get automatic updates of the other users' changes
periodically, with or without saving, click Share Workbook on the Tools
menu, click the Advanced tab, and under Update changes, click the options
you want.

Have you clicked on the "Advanced" tab and checked the options for updating
at a timed interval and seeing changes without saving?

Gord

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 10:47:01 -0800, Howard31
wrote:

Hi Gord,

I think you'll find that the ToolsShare Workbook will accept changes only
if the changes has been saved! I realy need to be able updating all the
sharing computers before the the computer that made a change has been saved.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gord,

You're right, I didn't notice that option, Automatically every...Just see
other users' chnages. Thanks for your help!
--
A. Ch. Eirinberg

That is not what Help says.