Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create Zip file for mailing

Hello,

I've created an application that can generate images file and commentary as
the my boss wanted.

However, I need to mail this information. It would be nice to create some
code to create a zip file and mail the zip file. I would then recreate the
folder structure on the other end.

Does anyone know if it is possible to zip up a folder using VBA?

From the other side, is it possible to unzip a zip file using VBA?

Thanks,

Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tony,

To email from vba, look at Ron de Bruin's sendmail code at:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

For winzip, I found this in the newsgroup from May 2004:

From: (il_magpie)
Date: 7 May 2004 10:21:49 -0700
Subject: Opening zipped *.xls from Excel

Hi All,

I am trying to let the user open a zipped Excel file (using Winzip)
from Excel, without any success.

Excel itself won't let you drill down into a zipped folder to extract
a file, so am not very hopeful that this can be accomplished through
VBA. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
From: "Ron de Bruin"
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 19:34:38 +0200
Hi

One way

You can use shell to unzip the zip file if you find them
You need this Add-in
http://www.winzip.com/wzcline.htm

Try this for unzip test.zip from to C:\

Sub test()
Shell "c:\program files\winzip\wzunzip c:\test.zip c:\"

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Dan