Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Removing vertical scrollbars on listbox

I have a listbox that is just going to display one field and one line at a
time. I have a spin button that will iterate through the listbox values.

However, the listbox is showing a vertical scrollbar. How do I disable or
remove the vertical scrollbar? The vertical scroll is real small (since I am
only showing one line at a time) which is why I added a spin button.

Thanks,

Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think you can disable the vertical scrollbar in Excel for wither the
listbox or combobox. Here are a couple of ideas:

1. Hide the scrollbar by putting a label over it.

2. Hide the listbox. Display the current value of the listbox in a textbox.

3. Drop the listbox entirely. Hold the list of possible values in an array.
Use the spin button to move through the array and display one record at a
time in a textbox.

4. Maybe there is a fancier custom listbox control available that allows you
to suppress the scrollbar.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Webtechie" wrote:

I have a listbox that is just going to display one field and one line at a
time. I have a spin button that will iterate through the listbox values.

However, the listbox is showing a vertical scrollbar. How do I disable or
remove the vertical scrollbar? The vertical scroll is real small (since I am
only showing one line at a time) which is why I added a spin button.

Thanks,

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to come up with some good ideas. I like the idea
of hiding the listbox and displaying the textbox.

Thanks for all the ideas, it gives me room to pick and choose.

Tony