Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Activating a renamed workbook

My colleagues and Í exchange workbooks with order/invoice records that are
installed (copied) in to each local database. We send them via email and its
very convenient to just open the excel-file from Outlook and install the
records. But there is an obstacle: If we put the installation macro in the
routing workbook, we get the trouble with security when running procedures
without digital certificates.
We have now tried to move the procedure to the main, local spreadsheet but
we then face another problem. When opening workbooks with the same name
several times from Outlook, every workbook gets a serial number within
parenthesis added to the name as all of them belongs to the same temporary
directory in C:\documents and settings\....OLKE. When running the procedure
from the main workbook, the program does not know which other workbook to
activate as the name changes every time. Can anyone find a solution to
activate the (only) workbook starting with the name TradeRoute, skipping the
end of the name _(12) or _(13), etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First download the Excel file from the email to your local drive and then
open it.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200832

"Mats Samson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

FWIW, when I'm sharing a workbook with a colleague, I try to save it to a
team site we both have access to. That way it doesn't clog up my
inbox/outbox with a lot of attachments.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.