Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Format columns and cells in a protected sheet

I have a workbook with many VBA macros and existing events on each worksheet.
Most of the macros begin with ActiveSheet.Unprotect and end with
ActiveSheet.Protect. My users have asked that I add a function to allow them
to adjust column width. I tried manually unprotecting a sheet, then using
the menu to select Tools-Protection-Protect Sheet - at which point the boxes
to allow all users to 'Select Locked Cells' and 'Select Unlocked Cells' are
already selected. I added a check to 'Format Columns' then clicked OK. At
this point, I could widen columns. However, after running a macro with
ActiveSheet.Protect at the end, I was back to my earlier settings. Can
someone help me with the code I should add to my macros to allow users to
format columns in a protected sheet? I do not want a password to be used for
protection. I would also like users to be able to change row height or allow
cells to expand if text is too long, but I DO NOT want them to be able to
unhide hidden rows. Any help you can give will be appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the macro recorder to record protecting a sheet choosing the options you
want.

The resulting code line will have the options you chose.

Paul