Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding Two Columns

I have an open workbook with mulitiple sheets. I want to create a column "F"
that will keep track of all transactions made in column "E". e.g
"E" "F"
Amount $ Balance
$5,000.00 $5,000.00
-$0.04 $4,999.96
$3.89 $5,003.85
$24,000.00 $29,003.85
$21,000.00 $50,003.85
$16,000.00 $66,003.85

However, as of right now, I have to manually add/subtract "E" and then type
it in to "F". What can I do to have this done automatically? I am falling way
behind in doing this manually and need to catch up/remain current on 50+
pages, and counting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

surely you are using formulae? thats the point of Excel

in F8
=F7+E8

then copy the formula down the column

"Gr8 Dane" wrote:

I have an open workbook with mulitiple sheets. I want to create a column "F"
that will keep track of all transactions made in column "E". e.g
"E" "F"
Amount $ Balance
$5,000.00 $5,000.00
-$0.04 $4,999.96
$3.89 $5,003.85
$24,000.00 $29,003.85
$21,000.00 $50,003.85
$16,000.00 $66,003.85

However, as of right now, I have to manually add/subtract "E" and then type
it in to "F". What can I do to have this done automatically? I am falling way
behind in doing this manually and need to catch up/remain current on 50+
pages, and counting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In F2 type =F1+E2 and hit enter. Now copy this down the spreadsheet.
--
Alan Moseley IT Consultancy
http://www.amitc.co.uk

If I have solved your problem, please click Yes below. Thanks.

"Gr8 Dane" wrote:

I have an open workbook with mulitiple sheets. I want to create a column "F"
that will keep track of all transactions made in column "E". e.g
"E" "F"
Amount $ Balance
$5,000.00 $5,000.00
-$0.04 $4,999.96
$3.89 $5,003.85
$24,000.00 $29,003.85
$21,000.00 $50,003.85
$16,000.00 $66,003.85

However, as of right now, I have to manually add/subtract "E" and then type
it in to "F". What can I do to have this done automatically? I am falling way
behind in doing this manually and need to catch up/remain current on 50+
pages, and counting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The formula that I am using is roughly the same as everone is giving me.
However, I have to manually paste this formula into every "F" cell to get the
new total. I am looking for one general Catch-all to use, that will
automatically fill in a new total, after I type in my new transaction into
"E", without ever touching "F".

"Gr8 Dane" wrote:

I have an open workbook with mulitiple sheets. I want to create a column "F"
that will keep track of all transactions made in column "E". e.g
"E" "F"
Amount $ Balance
$5,000.00 $5,000.00
-$0.04 $4,999.96
$3.89 $5,003.85
$24,000.00 $29,003.85
$21,000.00 $50,003.85
$16,000.00 $66,003.85

However, as of right now, I have to manually add/subtract "E" and then type
it in to "F". What can I do to have this done automatically? I am falling way
behind in doing this manually and need to catch up/remain current on 50+
pages, and counting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ok, then i suggest using the worksheet's CHANGE event...

Option Explicit

If Target.Column = 5 Then
Target.Offset(, 1).FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C + RC5"

"Gr8 Dane" wrote:

I have an open workbook with mulitiple sheets. I want to create a column "F"
that will keep track of all transactions made in column "E". e.g
"E" "F"
Amount $ Balance
$5,000.00 $5,000.00
-$0.04 $4,999.96
$3.89 $5,003.85
$24,000.00 $29,003.85
$21,000.00 $50,003.85
$16,000.00 $66,003.85

However, as of right now, I have to manually add/subtract "E" and then type
it in to "F". What can I do to have this done automatically? I am falling way
behind in doing this manually and need to catch up/remain current on 50+
pages, and counting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Which version of Excel are you using?

With XL2003 DataList
With XL2007 Insert tabTable

Both List and Table will automatically add formulae to each new row that you
add.

--
Regards
Roger Govier