Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Digital Certificate Error

I am having an issue with using SelfCert generated digital certificates. I
have created several and none work. Every time I try to save a macro (word,
excel, outlook) I get an error There was something wrong with the digital
certificate. The VBA project could not be signed. The signature will be
discarded.

I have:
- installed the certificate din the Trusted Root store (in fact, it is
listed as a trusted certificate in the properties)
- I've added it to the Trusted Publishers

It was working and recently stopped. Unfortunately, the changes to my
system are numerous since it last worked and I noticed certificates had
stopped working, but the key ones a
- I set up a Windows Home Server on my system
- I tried out Groove (and uninstalled it)
- I have Live Mesh running

I've been looking at other posts and trying the solution there with no luck€¦
I was hoping someone here could help me out.

Thanks,

Stan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you made changes to the code since you originally signed it? If so,
you'll need to resign it.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.

"Stan" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are saying "Every time I try to save a macro"... Doesn't matter whether
you changed anything or not.
When you do this on a different computer than the one with the original
certificate, then this is the behavior, and you must sign it again.

Best wishes Harald

"Stan" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Stan" wrote:

[...]

I had a similar problem in Outlook and discovered that it was due to a
missing reference. I added a reference to "Microsoft Visual Basic for
Applications Extensibility..." and that fixed it.