Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do you add cells from another workbook to a formula?

hi
in monthly report, select g26. on the tool bar, click the sum icon. looks
like a greek sigma. toggle to weekly report. select sunday sheet. highlight
the range you want to sum in monthly report. press enter. done. toggle back
to monthy report g26.

Regards
FSt1

"Mike" wrote:

I hope that I posted this in the right group. I am trying to add data
from cells From a seperate Workbook into my current workbook. For example;
In workbook "Monthly Report" cell B3 I want to add data from Workbook "Weekly
Report 02-07-09" Tab "Sunday" Cell G26. Any idea how to do that? Thanks in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not exactly what I need
I am trying to add a formula to my workbook "Monthly Report" cell B3
I need the data from workbook "Weekly Report 02-07-09" Tab "Sunday" Cell G26
in Workbook "Monthly Report 02-07-09" Cell B3.

"Mike" wrote:

I hope that I posted this in the right group. I am trying to add data
from cells From a seperate Workbook into my current workbook. For example;
In workbook "Monthly Report" cell B3 I want to add data from Workbook "Weekly
Report 02-07-09" Tab "Sunday" Cell G26. Any idea how to do that? Thanks in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Open both workbooks.

In monthly report B3 type an = sign.

Switch to other workbook and Sunday sheet. select G6 and hit ENTER key

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Mike" wrote:

I hope that I posted this in the right group. I am trying to add data
from cells From a seperate Workbook into my current workbook. For example;
In workbook "Monthly Report" cell B3 I want to add data from Workbook "Weekly
Report 02-07-09" Tab "Sunday" Cell G26. Any idea how to do that? Thanks in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
just reversed the cell references.
in monthly report, select B3. on the tool bar, click the sum icon. looks
like a greek sigma. toggle to weekly report. select sunday sheet. select
G26 in monthly report. press enter. done. toggle back to monthy report B3.

regards
FSt1