Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code to automatically email when xls file is save?

Hi all,

I'm putting a little xl sheet out on a network drive for various
people to put bug reports in. It would be sweet if it would send me an
email whenever the file was saved. Is there code out here already that
achieves this?

Thanks in advance,

-sff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jan 13, 9:49*pm, sherifffruitfly wrote:
Hi all,

I'm putting a little xl sheet out on a network drive for various
people to put bug reports in. It would be sweet if it would send me an
email whenever the file was saved. Is there code out here already that
achieves this?

Thanks in advance,

-sff

So googling around yielded what I suppose is the obvious answer:

Sub Enable()
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)

ActiveWorkbook.SendMail _
", _
Subject:="Bug Entered"

End Sub

And it results in the obvious problem: the #$^%$#^#$ security warning
that is un-turn-off-able. Sheesh.

We're using Office 2003 - what's the least intrusive workaround? Would
prefer just VBA code, if possible.

I knew there was a reason I don't do vba. grrr.