Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Chart No Show by Using ChartWizard - 2007 Excel, C#

Hi folks,
I use the following C# code, trying to create a chart by using
ChartWizard method in 2007 Excel environment. The code is listed below:

myChart.ChartWizard (rng, Excel.Constants.xl3DBar,
Type.Missing, Excel.XlRowCol.xlColumns, 2, 2, false,
mySheet.Name,
Type.Missing,
Type.Missing, Type.Missing);

But I can not see the chart after the execution. Please advise. Thanks.
Peter Kao
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Looks like all the parameters are in the right places. I have never used
this method, and can't comment specifically about the C# implementation.

The Excel 2003 VBA documentation states:

"Modifies the properties of the given chart."

This indicates to me that the method is for modifying a chart, not creating
a new chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Peter" wrote in message
Hi folks,
I use the following C# code, trying to create a chart by using
ChartWizard method in 2007 Excel environment. The code is listed below:

myChart.ChartWizard (rng, Excel.Constants.xl3DBar,
Type.Missing, Excel.XlRowCol.xlColumns, 2, 2, false,
mySheet.Name,
Type.Missing,
Type.Missing, Type.Missing);

But I can not see the chart after the execution. Please advise.
Thanks.
Peter Kao

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jon,
The document is right, method ChartWizard is to configure a chart
after a chart object is added into its chart collection, and finally activate
it. It works.
Peter Kao