Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Printing macro comments in color

using 2003. In the editor I see the macro comments are colored
green. Is it possible to have it print that way as well?

meg99
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Meg99,

The VB Editor adds the color to comment when displayed. The color
component is not saved with the text. This why when you copy the code to
clipboard, it remains as black type. The only two ways I can see to
print the comments is either save the code block as picture or write a
macro in Word to color the comment lines once they are copied over.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=75

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pretty-Print:

http://www.submain.com/?nav=products.pcp

has a free evaluation copy.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:16:47 -0800 (PST), meg99
wrote:

using 2003. In the editor I see the macro comments are colored
green. Is it possible to have it print that way as well?

meg99

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I used the free evalutation copy and it ws excellent, but not much use to me
because no extraneous programs are allowed on our system at work. I use a
non-color printer at home and, though this software provides some help, I was
looking for somethng more.

Someone named "DGolds" provided a good start with coloring comments green
and provided the code in another request for this capability. I took that
code and ran with it and was able to improve on coloring comments green and
then added coloring of key words, selected functions and "Call" Sub
procedures. I also added bolding, italics and underlining to get visual help
from black and white printers. It doesn't execute flawlessly as I'm still
working to remove some unintended coloring. The code is almost 300 lines
long and I don't know if it will load here but I'm more than happy to share
it. Maybe someone can improve on it.