Joël

Default Comments appear when printing

While I asked Excel to show a comment, it doesn't appear when printing
The only way to solve is to create a small text box but it is not linked to
a cell and could be displaced
My question: is there an easy way to make the 'comment' appear when printing ?
Thansk in advance
Joël

rahrah3a

In File - Page Setup select tab Sheet look for Section Print and "Comments:"
select "As displayed on Sheet" from the drop down box. This will print
comments as they appear on the sheet.

"Joël" wrote:

While I asked Excel to show a comment, it doesn't appear when printing
The only way to solve is to create a small text box but it is not linked to
a cell and could be displaced
My question: is there an easy way to make the 'comment' appear when printing ?
Thansk in advance
Joël

David Biddulph

"Joël" wrote in message
While I asked Excel to show a comment, it doesn't appear when printing
The only way to solve is to create a small text box but it is not linked

a cell and could be displaced
My question: is there an easy way to make the 'comment' appear when

printing ?

Yes.

File/ Page Setup:
In the "Comments" box select either "At end of sheet" or "As displayed on
sheet".
--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In excel 2003, where can I change the default to print comments for all
spreadsheets?
I have changed the sheet.xlt file in xlstart but this does not seem to have
any effect on files that are generated from other applications.

"Joël" wrote:

While I asked Excel to show a comment, it doesn't appear when printing
The only way to solve is to create a small text box but it is not linked to
a cell and could be displaced
My question: is there an easy way to make the 'comment' appear when printing ?
Thansk in advance
Joël

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jeff

You can change the default only for newly created workbooks and sheets, not
existing ones.

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your
workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew or
CTRL + n

WARNING................Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the
Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP