Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default problems adding botton to a menu bar

Hello, I created an add in with a userform, I want to create a button that
opens the userform when clicked, in order to doing so I have until now in my
add in workbook:

Private Sub Workbook_AddinInstall()
Application.CommandBars("Formatting").Controls.Add
Type:=msoControlButton,
ID:=2950, Befo=13
End Sub

but I do not know how to assign the macro to the button; the macro writen in
the add in does not appear in the macro dialog box.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Private Sub Workbook_AddinInstall()
With Application.CommandBars("Formatting").Controls.Add ( _
Type:=msoControlButton, ID:=2950, Befo=13)

.OnAction = "Test"
End With

__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"filo666" wrote in message
Hello, I created an add in with a userform, I want to create a button that
opens the userform when clicked, in order to doing so I have until now in
my
add in workbook:

Private Sub Workbook_AddinInstall()
Application.CommandBars("Formatting").Controls.Add
Type:=msoControlButton,
ID:=2950, Befo=13
End Sub

but I do not know how to assign the macro to the button; the macro writen
in
the add in does not appear in the macro dialog box.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thnaks, It worked perfectly;

other question,
How to add a different image to the macro button??
How to change the button description?

"filo666" wrote in message
Hello, I created an add in with a userform, I want to create a button that
opens the userform when clicked, in order to doing so I have until now in
my
add in workbook:

Private Sub Workbook_AddinInstall()
Application.CommandBars("Formatting").Controls.Add
Type:=msoControlButton,
ID:=2950, Befo=13
End Sub

but I do not know how to assign the macro to the button; the macro writen
in
the add in does not appear in the macro dialog box.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want one of Excel's images, you just need to set the FaceId property.
If you want a custom image, you need to save it in your workbook, copy and
paste it in.

--
HTH

Bob