Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cycle through A Range

What I am trying to do is have a user select a range of cells and then what I
would like to do is cycle through just these cells.

This is basically like if I where on a worksheet and selected a range of
cells and hit the enter key.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What's the end use of the code?

--
royUK

Hope that helps, RoyUK
For tips & examples visit my 'web site' (http://www.excel-it.com/)
royUK's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=15
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=47032

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Looks through the selected cells (not the entire work sheet) for a specific
phrase

If it finds the phrase in the cell then
1) Capitalize just the phrase
2) Marks the cells that have the phrase with a red back color
3) Copy's the cells that have the phrase to another work sheet
4) Move to next cell

Currently the user selects the range and then does a find for the phrase and
then manually does everything above.

I know how to do all the steps if the user where just selecting one cell,
but ran into a problem on the multiple cells as I can't figure out how to
find out which cells the user selected and then move through them.

It should also be noted that the user could select cells with the Ctrl
button so "range" might not be all together.

"royUK" wrote:

What's the end use of the code?

--
royUK

Hope that helps, RoyUK
For tips & examples visit my 'web site' (http://www.excel-it.com/)
royUK's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=15
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=47032

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim myRng as range
dim myCell as range

set myrng = selection
for each mycell in myrng.cells
if lcase(mycell.value) = lcase("yourexactphrasehere") then
'do the work
end if
next mycell

This looks for cells that match the phrase you want--not just contains the
phrase.

if lcase(mycell.value) like "*" & lcase("yourphrasehere") & "*" then

might be what you want.

jutlaux wrote:

Looks through the selected cells (not the entire work sheet) for a specific
phrase

If it finds the phrase in the cell then
1) Capitalize just the phrase
2) Marks the cells that have the phrase with a red back color
3) Copy's the cells that have the phrase to another work sheet
4) Move to next cell

Currently the user selects the range and then does a find for the phrase and
then manually does everything above.

I know how to do all the steps if the user where just selecting one cell,
but ran into a problem on the multiple cells as I can't figure out how to
find out which cells the user selected and then move through them.

It should also be noted that the user could select cells with the Ctrl
button so "range" might not be all together.

"royUK" wrote:

What's the end use of the code?

--
royUK

Hope that helps, RoyUK
For tips & examples visit my 'web site' (http://www.excel-it.com/)
royUK's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=15
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=47032

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Works great.

Thanks!

jutlaux wrote:

Looks through the selected cells (not the entire work sheet) for a specific
phrase

If it finds the phrase in the cell then
1) Capitalize just the phrase
2) Marks the cells that have the phrase with a red back color
3) Copy's the cells that have the phrase to another work sheet
4) Move to next cell

Currently the user selects the range and then does a find for the phrase and
then manually does everything above.

I know how to do all the steps if the user where just selecting one cell,
but ran into a problem on the multiple cells as I can't figure out how to
find out which cells the user selected and then move through them.

It should also be noted that the user could select cells with the Ctrl
button so "range" might not be all together.

"royUK" wrote:

What's the end use of the code?