Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ksh ksh is offline

Default Help with names

I have erased all my defined names (by going to Insert_name_define_delete)
but when I move/copy my tab over or duplicate my worksheet, I get multiple
errrors saying that I have a name conflict and it pops up about 10 names. I
tried to find these names from the error box by using the Define names and
also by trying the Go To function. The names are not there but they have to
be someplace because I am getting these errors each time I try to copy the
sheet over. Is there another place I should look?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It sounds to me that you have some sheet-level names. These names will
appear in the Names dialog only when you are on the sheet on which the
name is defined. For example, if you have a Name named Sheet1!TheName,
you will see that name in the dialog only when you are on Sheet1. If
you are on another sheet, the name will not be visible. Select each
sheet and on each sheet press CTRL F3 to display the names dialog. I
suspect you'll find some sheet-level names.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 12:36:10 -0800, ksh
wrote:

I have erased all my defined names (by going to Insert_name_define_delete)
but when I move/copy my tab over or duplicate my worksheet, I get multiple
errrors saying that I have a name conflict and it pops up about 10 names. I
tried to find these names from the error box by using the Define names and
also by trying the Go To function. The names are not there but they have to
be someplace because I am getting these errors each time I try to copy the
sheet over. Is there another place I should look?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

And names can be hidden, too.

I'd get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew
Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

--