Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Send Data to specific sheets based on value of one column

I have a user with a request that I know I have seen done before but I
just can't find it on the internet.

The user has a master sheet with all the data. It has maybe 12 rows in
it. He wants to create sheets for each distinct value in column A and
have all the rows where the value of column A is the same be copied to
that specific sheet. I'm not really sure the best way to go about
doing this, although I could do something pretty ugly.

This is something that should be moved into a web app, which would
take about 10 minutes to throw together, but I do need this temporary
fix.

THanks

JOhn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Dec 22, 5:16*pm, "Don Guillett" wrote:
One way may be to use datafilteradvanced filterunique to make a unique
list and then loop thru that list.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"runsrealfast" wrote in message

The trouble with that is that the use would then have to copy and past
for each department, and there is about 200 or so. However, I guess I
could do it once and record or write a macro and it would just work
that way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi runsrealfast

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"runsrealfast" wrote in message ...
On Dec 22, 5:16 pm, "Don Guillett" wrote:
One way may be to use datafilteradvanced filterunique to make a unique
list and then loop thru that list.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
"runsrealfast" wrote in message

The trouble with that is that the use would then have to copy and past
for each department, and there is about 200 or so. However, I guess I
could do it once and record or write a macro and it would just work
that way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Dec 23, 8:40*am, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Hi runsrealfast

Seehttp://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Ron your the man. I was heading down a very similar path and this
saved me some serious time (plus this code is a little cleaner than
mine!)

Thanks

John