Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I can not insert a Image in the Form

I have a form where I want to insert a image (GIF, BMP). However, when I
click insert I got the following message:

"THE IMAGE WAS NOT LOADED BECAUSE IT IS TOO LARGE"

I have reduced the size, compressed it , etc. and it still no working. Could
you please tell me what is the limit size I have to use in order to fit it?..

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Art Art is offline

This might not be helpful, but... I took a 17MB picture and put it in an
image frame on a form with no problem. Now, in your message you said you
clicked "insert". I'm using Excel 2003 and I don't see an "insert" for
putting in a picture. I can put an "image" control on the form. Then in the
properties of the image control I put the path to my picture. It then
appeared in the control.

Is it possible you're doing something different?

"Maperalia" wrote:

I have a form where I want to insert a image (GIF, BMP). However, when I
click insert I got the following message:

"THE IMAGE WAS NOT LOADED BECAUSE IT IS TOO LARGE"

I have reduced the size, compressed it , etc. and it still no working. Could
you please tell me what is the limit size I have to use in order to fit it?..

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Art;
Thanks for you quick response.
I am using Excel 2003 too. I think I misinterpret it the process. Basically,
this is what I am doing to put the picture in the form:

1.- Go to toolboxs in the View menu.
2.- Right click in image and select "Custumize Image". Customize window will
appear.
3.- In customize window I click "Load Picture".
4.- I find and select the picture in my file.
5.- After I click open I got the windows message "THE IMAGE WAS NOT LOADED
BECAUSE IT IS TOO LARGE".

I hope this help answer your qustion. Do you know where the problem is?

Kind regards.
Maperalia

"Maperalia" wrote:

I have a form where I want to insert a image (GIF, BMP). However, when I
click insert I got the following message:

"THE IMAGE WAS NOT LOADED BECAUSE IT IS TOO LARGE"

I have reduced the size, compressed it , etc. and it still no working. Could
you please tell me what is the limit size I have to use in order to fit it?..

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Art Art is offline

Oh, I don't think you're doing what you think you are.

What you're doing is trying to change the icon on the toolbox screen itself.
If that's what you really want to do, then you need an icon image. You can
download software that will let you create that from an image you have.
Alternatively you can probably use a very small image, but I'm not really
sure about that.

What I think you want to do is to put an image on your form. If that's the
case, do the following:

Click on the image button on the toolbox.
Move your mouse to the form you should be seeing, and draw a box.
That box will contain the image that you will select next.
With that box selected, look at the properties window.
(if you don't see a properties window, press F4)
In the properties window, look for "Picture". It should say (None)
Click there and you'll get the elipses ...
Click on that and you'll be able to browse for the image that you want.
That should do it.

Good luck!

"Maperalia" wrote:

I have a form where I want to insert a image (GIF, BMP). However, when I
click insert I got the following message:

"THE IMAGE WAS NOT LOADED BECAUSE IT IS TOO LARGE"

I have reduced the size, compressed it , etc. and it still no working. Could
you please tell me what is the limit size I have to use in order to fit it?..

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Art;
Thank you very much . It is working PERFECTLY!!!!

Kind regards.
Maperalia

"Maperalia" wrote:

I have a form where I want to insert a image (GIF, BMP). However, when I
click insert I got the following message:

"THE IMAGE WAS NOT LOADED BECAUSE IT IS TOO LARGE"

I have reduced the size, compressed it , etc. and it still no working. Could
you please tell me what is the limit size I have to use in order to fit it?..

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

Insert image, get name of image Rick S. Excel Programming 3 April 15th 08 07:05 PM
insert image vj5 Excel Programming 10 July 14th 06 02:11 PM
VBA to display image on a form - image is defined in Range Name Tan Excel Programming 4 May 17th 06 03:37 PM
Insert Image on a form Tempy Excel Programming 2 June 3rd 05 05:45 AM
Help! Animated gif-image in form does not show animation when form loaded JoCa Excel Programming 4 September 23rd 04 07:43 PM