Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell off grid error after generating Excel spreadsheet as XML

Hi,

I have generated Excel Spreadsheets using the XML Spreadsheet Reference for
definitions and compared my generated XML with Excel generated XML and they
are almost identical and usually work.

It appears to not work when there is a larger amount of data. The difference
between the two generated formats is that I omit the optional Table
attributes ss:ExpandedColumnCount, ss:ExpandedRowCount x:FullColumns and
x:FullRows.

I get the following error repeated multiple times in the log when Excel
attempts to load the generated XML:

XML Spreadsheet Warning in Table
REASON: Cell off grid
ACTION: Ignoring Tag
FILE: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary
Internet Files\OLKF04\AllSitesReport.xls
GROUP: Row
TAG: Cell

(Please note that it is the client's standard developer setup to develop in
a VM logged on as Administrator).

I tried to search for a solution but all I got was a Maori translation for
"Cell of grid"!!!
--
Many thanks,
Gary Varga