Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Format problem

Hello,
I am updating a spreadsheet as a linked table
from an SQL Stored procedure. No matter how I send
in the data, and no matter how I try to force the format of the
cells.... it continues to show as text. all values have the 'to the left
of the number, rendering them as text.

Is there a way to combat this...?
Everything works, the data all goes where it is supposed to go...
I just want it to be numeric... NOT text

...this is the create table sql
exec spExecute_ADODB_SQL
@DDL='Create table ExecUtilHistoryDetailed
( id int
, Header char(20)
, cccID int
, ClassDesc Char(50)
, d1 DECIMAL(9,2)
, d2 DECIMAL(9,2)
, d3 DECIMAL(9,2)
, d4 DECIMAL(9,2)
, d5 DECIMAL(9,2)
, d6 DECIMAL(9,2)
, d7 DECIMAL(9,2)
, d8 DECIMAL(9,2)
, d9 DECIMAL(9,2)
, d10 DECIMAL(9,2)
)'
, @DataSource
='C:\Mail.Files\Utilization\Utilization.Executive. Summary.V3.xls'

thanks.
bob.

Excel Format Problem - Date Overrides Format Mary Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 February 10th 10 05:49 AM
General Format to Custom format problem KELC-F/A Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 2nd 08 09:51 PM
if format problem wtrbb Excel Worksheet Functions 9 November 30th 07 08:20 PM
Format Problem randy Excel Programming 3 August 25th 06 02:35 PM
Format Problem Amjad Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 12th 05 10:07 AM