Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CAM CAM is offline

Default Open workbook with password

I have Excel 2007 workbook I don't want any user opening up a particular
workbook unless he insert a password. I try to use the workbook password,
but I can see the workbook that I don't want. In no way I want the user
to see anything at all. Only a user who has the correct password can see
the workbook. How do I do that. Thank you in advance.
Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

don't have 2007 right now, but in 2003, choose save as.
then click tools, then the general options button
you will see password to open.

--

Gary

"CAM" wrote in message
I have Excel 2007 workbook I don't want any user opening up a particular
workbook unless he insert a password. I try to use the workbook password, but
I can see the workbook that I don't want. In no way I want the user to see
anything at all. Only a user who has the correct password can see the
workbook. How do I do that. Thank you in advance.
Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CAM CAM is offline

Thanks Gary I will give it a try.