Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trying to freeze heading rows on a sheet

Hi all:

I'm trying to programatically freeze the heading rows on a particular
worksheet via a VBA program. All columns across the sheet should be frozen
so that, as I scroll up and down, the headings remain in place.

I know this involves a Pane object, but I can't seem to create one
programatically.

Can someone suggest a way to implement this where the row is variable yet it
encompases all the columns?

Thanks for any assistance you can send my way!

Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Member

Location: In a hole in the ground there lived Joshua Fandango

Hi Jon,

I had trouble doing it without selecting a cell:

Sub Freeze_Columns()
Dim rVariableRange As Object
ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = False
Set rVariableRange = Range("a4")
rVariableRange.Select
ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True
End Sub

Hope it helps,
JF

On 12 Dec, 09:40, JonWestcot
wrote:
Hi all:

I'm trying to programatically freeze the heading rows on a particular
worksheet via a VBA program. *All columns across the sheet should be frozen
so that, as I scroll up and down, the headings remain in place.

I know this involves a Pane object, but I can't seem to create one
programatically.

Can someone suggest a way to implement this where the row is variable yet it
encompases all the columns?

Thanks for any assistance you can send my way!

Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try something like this:

NoofRowstoFroze = 1
Range("A" & NoofRowstoFroze + 1).Select
ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True

Regards,
Stefi

€žJonWestcot€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi all:

I'm trying to programatically freeze the heading rows on a particular
worksheet via a VBA program. All columns across the sheet should be frozen
so that, as I scroll up and down, the headings remain in place.

I know this involves a Pane object, but I can't seem to create one
programatically.

Can someone suggest a way to implement this where the row is variable yet it
encompases all the columns?

Thanks for any assistance you can send my way!

Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

€žJonWestcot€ť ezt Ă*rta:

"Stefi" wrote in message
Try something like this: