Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Format Cells Dialog Box

I cannot find in the Built-In Dialog Box Argument Lists where you get the
Format Cells for Number / Align / Font / Borders / Patters / Protection all
in one dialog box like it is off the menu. Is it available?

Thank you,

Steven
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Although you didn't say it, I'm assuming you are using XL2007 now and that
is the reason you are having trouble finding the Format Cells dialog. First
off, the simplest way to display this dialog box still exist as it did in
previous versions... right click the cell or selection of cells and pick
"Format Cells..." from the pop up menu that appears. However, if you want to
know where it is on the Ribbon... it is on the Home tab in the Cells
panel... click the Format button and pick the "Format Cells..." from the
list that appears.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Steven" wrote in message
I cannot find in the Built-In Dialog Box Argument Lists where you get the
Format Cells for Number / Align / Font / Borders / Patters / Protection
all
in one dialog box like it is off the menu. Is it available?

Thank you,

Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Apparently, you have to specify
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormatNumber).Show,
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormatFont).Show, etc.

I don't believe there is one for cells that will allow you to select options
the same as the one in Excel.

"Steven" wrote:

I cannot find in the Built-In Dialog Box Argument Lists where you get the
Format Cells for Number / Align / Font / Borders / Patters / Protection all
in one dialog box like it is off the menu. Is it available?

Thank you,

Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just read JLGWhiz's response and then went back and re-read your
message... Wow! Did I ever misread what you wrote. Please ignore my previous
message.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)