Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default loading, but not activating userform

I've created a userform that I activate from
'ThisWorkbook' (userform1.show) when I open the file. As I understand
the 'show' command, I have to interact with the form before I can work
in the spreadsheet. In practice, I can't activate any of the cells,
commands, etc until I close the form or select and launch the options
on the form.

What I'd like to be able to do is launch the file, work in the sheet
as if it was a normal excel file, then run the form when required. I
can achieve this haphazardly by creating a command button that
launches the userform, but I'd like to have the users be able to run
the app without having to think about clicking a button to launch

What command do I use or property do I modify?

Art
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
i would make the form modeless.

userform1.show 0

the 0(zero) would make it modaless. that way the form would be showing but
you can click on the sheet and work at the same time. then click back on the
form when needed then switch back to the sheet when needed.

read up on showmodal property in vb help.

my thoughts
regards
FSt1