Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error In VBA

When certain computers open my user form it will give me the debug. But only
on two of 18 computers do it. Am I missing something?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When one or two work stations will not run VBA but several others will, it is
usually the make up of the workstation. Could be:

Version: If the VBA is created in a more recent version then the older
version might throw an error for missing reference.

Settrings: If security settings are High or Medium and the VBA does not
have a digital signature then it will probably display a warning. If the
Trust Access To VBA box is not checked, it will display a message.

Since you did not specify what message you are getting, it is anybody's
guess as to what the problem might be.

"DarnTootn" wrote:

When certain computers open my user form it will give me the debug. But only
on two of 18 computers do it. Am I missing something?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes I am sorry about the vagueness of my question. It is missing reference
error. I did check the security settings they were medium and I switched
them to low. It still came up with the missing reference, (the reference is
there and not missing) I will have to check the versions of them I did not
think of that. If that is the case I guess an Office Update would correct
that problem. Is that correct?

"DarnTootn" wrote:

When certain computers open my user form it will give me the debug. But only
on two of 18 computers do it. Am I missing something?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the missing reference actually exists in the machine having the
problem, you can make note of what file is being referenced (listed
as the Location in the References dialog), uncheck the reference, and
then click Browse to navigate to the file and re-establish the
reference. If the reference is not needed by the workbook, you can
just uncheck it and leave it be. If it is a core reference (e.g.,
Office or OLE), you can start Excel and instruct it to recreate its
registry keys and references. Close Excel, then go to the Windows
Start menu, choose Run and enter the following and click OK.

Excel.exe /regserver

Note that there is a space before the / character. If you get a "File
not found" error, you'll need to provide the full path location to
Excel. typically

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Excel.exe" /regserver

You might also try running the Detect And Repair function from the
Help menu in Excel. You may need your Office installation DVD for
this.

See also http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/StartupErrors.aspx for other
techniques for diagnosing and fixing start up errors in Excel.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

"DarnTootn" wrote:

When certain computers open my user form it will give me the debug. But only
on two of 18 computers do it. Am I missing something?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you so much. I did find my problem with the workstations that were in
question. It was a VBA version issue. Once I updated the workstations
individually the error disappeared. Thank you for you help. It had me
stumped.