Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calling VB functions that are stored in an addin

I have a VB function, say test, that is stored in an addin. In my Excel
workbook I refer to the function by writing =test(...) in the appropriate
cell. When I transfer the workbook and the addin to a colleague, I experience
that the funtion call has been preset with the full file address to the addin
file, i.e. ='C:\Documents and Settings\cu72\Application
Data\Microsoft\AddIns\addin_containing_test.xla'!t est(...).
And since my colleague doesn't have access to my C: drive the program
doesn't work. A workaround is of course to manually remove the full string
everywhere, but that's rather cumbersome and not very elegant. There must be
a better way?
Any suggestion will be appreciated :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you post the actual code?

--
royUK

Hope that helps, RoyUK
For tips & examples visit my 'web site' (http://www.excel-it.com/)
royUK's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=15
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=39135

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 02:04:01 -0800, Eivind
wrote:

I have a VB function, say test, that is stored in an addin. In my Excel
workbook I refer to the function by writing =test(...) in the appropriate
cell. When I transfer the workbook and the addin to a colleague, I experience
that the funtion call has been preset with the full file address to the addin
file, i.e. ='C:\Documents and Settings\cu72\Application
Data\Microsoft\AddIns\addin_containing_test.xla'! test(...).
And since my colleague doesn't have access to my C: drive the program
doesn't work. A workaround is of course to manually remove the full string
everywhere, but that's rather cumbersome and not very elegant. There must be
a better way?
Any suggestion will be appreciated :)

I've seen that behavior when the name of the UDF is not unique. So if, for
example, the name of your add-in is test.xla; and the name of your function is
test.xla; or if your colleague has a similarly named function or module on his
machine, there will be an issue.

It may also occur if your colleague does not have your add-in installed on his
machine.
--ron