Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA to identify the name of a point

When I highlight a point on a graph with my mouse, Excel identifies that
point with a pop up dialog box as Series "name" Point "as x axis name" Value:
###

Basically, when I get to the point in a series with the "name" of a
particlar position on my x axis, I want to do something. But I have not
figured out how in VBA to know that I have arrived on point "Dec-08" of a
particluar series while looping through all the points in that series. I
nees something like if pt.name = "Dec-08", but I can't find any such property.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can try "DataLabel" property on the point.

If that doesn't resolve your issue, you can:

1) Go into "Object Browser"
2) Select "Excel" or the relevant library for the object you are looking up
on
3) On the left side, click on the object (it's shown as a global class
module), which in this case is "Point"
4) Look on the right side for the various properties, methods and events
tied to that object, then click on the one you may think it is for a little
more information in the data area at the bottom of the object browser.

--
Thanks,

Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
Production Statistician
Master MOUS 2000
"Aaron" wrote in message
When I highlight a point on a graph with my mouse, Excel identifies that
point with a pop up dialog box as Series "name" Point "as x axis name"
Value:
###

Basically, when I get to the point in a series with the "name" of a
particlar position on my x axis, I want to do something. But I have not
figured out how in VBA to know that I have arrived on point "Dec-08" of a
particluar series while looping through all the points in that series. I
nees something like if pt.name = "Dec-08", but I can't find any such
property.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I did ?pt.HasDataLabel and it returned False. I do not want to add a data
lable. There must be some way of knowing what month a given point is in?
Like I said, when I cover the point with the mouse excel tells me what month
that point is, I just need to harness that informaiton in VBA.