Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default GetSaveAsFilename/GetOpenFilename

In my macro to save column data to disk, I use "FileName =
Application.GetSaveAsFilename(".
The window comes up and the "File name:" box is blank. If I click on a
file name, it moves over to the "File name:" box. Totally expected.

In my macro to open a file and move data to a worksheet, I use
"FileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(" The window comes up and the
"File name:" box is blank. I click on a file name, and nothing..;( The
box remains blank. Is there a fix for this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe that the GetSaveAsFileName anticipates that the user will change
the file name and therefore sets focus on the name box so that a new name can
be entered. Conversely, the GetOpenFileName anticipates that the user will
click the Open button once a selection is made and therefore does not set
focus to the name box since the selected file is highlighted and focus is set
to the Open button.