Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Barb How do I get back to you...

without starting so many threads? Where do I put the formula you suggested
so the false dates don't show.
Please have patience..we're so new at this.
Many thanks.
--
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the same person is not always available to keep helping with a problem
- the people in these newsgroups who help are volunteering & sometimes
get busy at work, or have meetings, or go home, or go to bed - they
may not be in the same part of the world (same time zone) as
you......... your best bet is to stick with one thread & be open to
all who are attempting to help.
if you stick with one thread then everybody can see what's already
been suggested, what's worked & what hasn't, & can avoid duplicating
information & questions.
:)
susan

On Nov 6, 7:31*am, caseysmydog
wrote:
without starting so many threads? *Where do I put the formula you suggested
so the false dates don't show.
Please have patience..we're so new at this.
Many thanks.
--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To continue on the same thread, simply locate the thread in the news reader,
sign in and click on the part of the thread you want to respond to, then
click reply. This will allow the dialog to appear in the news reader in a
logical order. You can click any entry in the thread to reply to but if your
comments are not related to that particular respondent, then it becomes
confusing to others who read the postings. If you want to be notified by
email when there is a relply then check the bos at the bottom of the reply
window where it says "Notify me of replies"

I believe the last posting that Barb made gave you was a revision to the
formulas she had originally furnished. What she was telling you was to
modify the original formulas with a criteria that says if there is no entry
in column A then show the cell with the formula as blank. If all of these
postings were on one thread, it would have made more sense to anyone reading
it, and your questions could be answered by just about any of the people who
volunteer to assist folks trying to develop procedures and formulas.