Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default for Toppers and Barb

thanks for your reply, u r really super, I guess wasnt specific with what
I wanted to do, if I have in column B2 23, B3 34, B5 20, B7 16, and in
column C4 14, C6 30 if I put in column A2 a, A3 a, A4 c, A5 b, A6 c, A7 b.
Total sum in column B for all rows that are a only, total in column B for all
rows that are b only total sum in column C for all rows that are c only. Can
it be done in excel?
Thank u again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not a Toppers or Barb. I'm a "Teethless mama" I can help

=SUMIF(A2:A7,"b",B2:B7)

=SUMIF(A2:A7,"c",C2:C7)