Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Lost macros- How to get them back

Hi,

Where have all my macros gone.
The computer restarted and now when i open Excel there are no macros, how do
i get them back?

--
Rich...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Peter,

It was in the personal macro workbook but now there is nothing.
If i try and record in that folder it says

"Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording."

I click ok and get the message unable to record.

Windows Vista keeps using all my proccesing power so i rebooted and thats
when it happened. Some message came up but cant remember what it was.

--
Rich...
http://www.jadwizracing.co.uk

"Peter T" wrote:

Unless you saved the workbook containing your macros they will be lost. But
maybe you did save it?

Regards,
Peter T

"North Wales" wrote in message

Where have all my macros gone.
The computer restarted and now when i open Excel there are no macros, how
do
i get them back?

--
Rich...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Where were the macros before the computer restarted?

In a workbook that crashed and did not save?

In Personal.xls?

In an add-in?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 11:40:26 -0800, North Wales
wrote:

Hi,

Where have all my macros gone.
The computer restarted and now when i open Excel there are no macros, how do
i get them back?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've never seen that message before so I can only speculate that maybe you
were in the process of recording a macro, and closed Excel without pressing
the Stop (recording) button.

Do you have a Personal workbook?
Open the VBE with alt-F11 and look for it in the left panel. If it's there
expand the tree, open and examine any normal modules (for the time being
ignore Sheet and ThisWorkbook modules).

If Personal doesn't exist it was probably never created, or rather never
saved. Normally if Personal has been changed during a session you will get a
prompt when you quit Excel asking if you want to save it.

For future ref, best close all module windows and collapse that tree before
closing Excel and getting the save prompt.

"Peter T" wrote:

Unless you saved the workbook containing your macros they will be lost.
But
maybe you did save it?

Regards,
Peter T

"North Wales" wrote in message

Where have all my macros gone.
The computer restarted and now when i open Excel there are no macros,
how
do
i get them back?

--
Rich...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

HelpAbout MS ExcelDisabled Items.

Personal.xls is disabled?

Re-enable and try again.

As noted..........you may have to restart Excel

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 13:39:02 -0800, North Wales
wrote:

Hi Peter,

It was in the personal macro workbook but now there is nothing.
If i try and record in that folder it says

"Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording."

I click ok and get the message unable to record.

Windows Vista keeps using all my proccesing power so i rebooted and thats
when it happened. Some message came up but cant remember what it was.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I think they were in the personal.xls but when i restated Excel the was a
message saying something about add-in but i just clicked quick thinking it
was asking about leting macros run. Does this mean i have lost everything.

--
Rich...
http://www.jadwizracing.co.uk

wrote:

Hi,

Where have all my macros gone.
The computer restarted and now when i open Excel there are no macros, how do
i get them back?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yesssssss youre a genius,
I clicked the help and Re-enable add-in and there back.

Thanks so much for the help, I was starting to think I was going to have to
spend a lot of time trying to remember how I did everything.

P.S. I have just backed them up, once bitten twice shy.

--
Rich...
http://www.jadwizracing.co.uk

wrote:

Hi Peter,

It was in the personal macro workbook but now there is nothing.
If i try and record in that folder it says

"Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording."

I click ok and get the message unable to record.

Windows Vista keeps using all my proccesing power so i rebooted and thats
when it happened. Some message came up but cant remember what it was.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good to hear.

I'm not sure what prompts Excel to disable Personal.xls in that manner.

Something to do with the workbook not being trusted but the cause is the
question.

You run macros from Personal.xls for months then all of a sudden Excel
decides it is not trusted so.............usually happens after a crash of
some sort.

Good idea to keep a backup.

Gord