Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need Minimum excluding blank cells

Office XP Professional

I have a range of cells, some may be empty - others will not. I need to
find the minimum value for the populated cells. How do I exclude the
empty cells in my formula?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Rita Brasher
Project Engineer / IPEG Int'l MIS and Training
FedEx Express

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Nov 4, 1:20 pm, Rita Brasher wrote:
Office XP Professional

I have a range of cells, some may be empty - others will not. I need to
find the minimum value for the populated cells. How do I exclude the
empty cells in my formula?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Rita Brasher
Project Engineer / IPEG Int'l MIS and Training
FedEx Express

I don't think you have to, my version of Excel XP ignores them.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok the problem is my cells are formatted as text, so the MIN and MAX
funstions will not work. Any ideas on how to get "2008-10-10 08:15:54"
to be recognized as a date/time field?

Rita Brasher wrote:
Office XP Professional

I have a range of cells, some may be empty - others will not. I need to
find the minimum value for the populated cells. How do I exclude the
empty cells in my formula?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Rita Brasher
Project Engineer / IPEG Int'l MIS and Training
FedEx Express

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

AWESOME! thanks!

Daniel.C wrote: