Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using COUNTA and excluding formulas that gives zero or blank cells

Hi, I have a column(D7:D184) called "Approval Date", these dates are pulled
using VLOOKUP from another sheet (another words all cells contains a VLOOKUP
formula). Some of the cells will be blank because the project has not been
approved yet hence no date/blank. I tried =COUNTA(D7:D184,"0") and it does
not work. Is there a way to count the cells and return the number of cells
that have a value excluding zeros and blank cells? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=178-COUNTBLANK(D7:D184)-COUNTIF(D7:D184,"=0")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200902
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the cells contain numbers or formula blanks:

=COUNTIF(D7:D184,"0")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"leem" wrote in message
Hi, I have a column(D7:D184) called "Approval Date", these dates are
pulled
using VLOOKUP from another sheet (another words all cells contains a
VLOOKUP
formula). Some of the cells will be blank because the project has not
been
approved yet hence no date/blank. I tried =COUNTA(D7:D184,"0") and it
does
not work. Is there a way to count the cells and return the number of
cells
that have a value excluding zeros and blank cells? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=178-COUNTBLANK(D7:D184)-COUNTIF(D7:D184,"=0")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200902

Thanks for that formula - it worked. However, the formula would not work
for another, I changed the range from D7:D184 to E7:E184 and made sure that
the format was "general" The second column is called "Project Start Date" -
the VLOOKUP formula is the same as the Approval Date with the exception of
different Column Index Number. Any suggestion?