Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do i count specific text strings excluding blank cells?

I am trying to build a spread sheet than counts specified text strings from
numerous sheets. There will not be the same number of cells on each sheet
with a value. I need to be able to count certain values while excluding the
blank cells. can anyone out there help?

Thanks,

Justin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am trying to use this formula, but it says that the zero after the BNSF
3167: is incorrect. I am going to have like 30 sheets, with anywhere from 2
to 10 cells that need to be searched and counted for the text string.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("HV HIGH VOLTAGE",OFFSET('BNSF 2176:BNSF
3167'!,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A),COUNTA(Sheet1!1:1) )))))