Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ben ben is offline

Default Wordart in '07

Running excel 2007 on xp-sp2/vista-sp1.
Upgrading a few computers from office '03 to Office '-07. We have a very
very customized add-on we use for almost our entire daily routine. The
problem is we use word art extensively in it and in Office '07 the way
Wordart is filled with color has changed, and I've been unable to find the
correct method for it now. Recording a macro does nothing as it doesn't
record creating the wordart. My current method is (from '03)

ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddTextEffect(texteff, stamptext, "Arial Black", fntsize,
msoFalse, msoFalse, stampleft, stamptop + zgh).Select
With Selection
..ScaleWidth stampscalewide, msoFalse, msoScaleFromTopLeft
..ScaleHeight stampscaleheight, msoFalse, msoScaleFromTopLeft
..Fill.Solid = True
..Fill.BackColor.RGB = RGB(opts(1), opts(2), opts(3))
..Line.Visible = msoFalse
End With

All this does now is fill in the background behind the text, which
completely breaks the way we use wordart. I can't seem to find the correct
method for leaving the background transparent, and filling the text itself
with color. Any help would be most appreciated.

WordArt Bojingles03 New Users to Excel 3 February 17th 09 06:09 PM
WordArt - stretching aehdbe Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 28th 08 06:36 PM
wordart ME @ Home Excel Programming 3 February 19th 06 07:24 PM
wordart Shawn G. Excel Programming 2 August 25th 05 01:34 PM
Hiding Shapes When Not WordArt , or When WordArt Text < "Draft" Carroll Rinehart Excel Programming 2 September 18th 04 07:40 PM