Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Where do I locate and install VBA CONVERTER for Excel 2007.

I have installed Excel 2007. It deletes all Macros in my previous version
Excel spreadsheets when I try to open them in version 2007. I am informed
that:

"The VBA Converter Pack is not included as part of the 2007 Microsoft
Office suites. The VBA Converter Pack must be installed separately".

But I cannot find locate converter pack. Can anyone solve my problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Nov 1, 8:20 am, John Burnside <John
wrote:
I have installed Excel 2007. It deletes all Macros in my previous version
Excel spreadsheets when I try to open them in version 2007. I am informed
that:

"The VBA Converter Pack is not included as part of the 2007 Microsoft
Office suites. The VBA Converter Pack must be installed separately".

But I cannot find locate converter pack. Can anyone solve my problem.

Excel 2007 does not delete macros from previous versions. It does
disable them, but a bar appears by the ribbon that allows you to
enable them.

Here is the path to get the compatibility pack:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John

If you save your workbook as xlsx it delete your code.
Save your file as xlsm or xlsb and you have no problem.

You can change the default Save format he
Office ButtonExcel Options...Save
Change "Save files in this format....."

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"John Burnside" <John wrote in message
I have installed Excel 2007. It deletes all Macros in my previous version
Excel spreadsheets when I try to open them in version 2007. I am informed
that:

"The VBA Converter Pack is not included as part of the 2007 Microsoft
Office suites. The VBA Converter Pack must be installed separately".

But I cannot find locate converter pack. Can anyone solve my problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I too am looking for this VBA converter pack - does not appear to exist???
Nothing under Excel 2007 downloads/ add-ins.
When I open the file just says I need vba converter - no notation to enable
the macros which would make this a simple fix/ at least a workaround.
I noted they recommend saving the .xls file to xlsm. I'll give it a go - but
still wanting to know about vba converter pack???