Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code Runs when Excel Starts up

I have a file (pesonal.xls) in my startup directory that opens every time
excel starts up, but before this file loads a macro or something runs that
asks me to select a printer. I can't figure out what may be causing this to
run. I checked the workbook open event in the personal.xls file that opens
when excel starts up. I also checked the ThisWorkbook code in Personal.xls. I
also looked thorough the xla files to make sure there wasn't an add-in that
seems to cause this. I seem to remember installing something that was
supposed to let me change the default directory, but it was automatic, so I
don't know how to remove it. Any suggestions on where else to look are
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Move personal.xls from STARTUP folder and see...
Remove book.xls and sheet.xls if any

Remove all add-ins and add back one by one...

"mcambrose" wrote:

I have a file (pesonal.xls) in my startup directory that opens every time
excel starts up, but before this file loads a macro or something runs that
asks me to select a printer. I can't figure out what may be causing this to
run. I checked the workbook open event in the personal.xls file that opens
when excel starts up. I also checked the ThisWorkbook code in Personal.xls. I
also looked thorough the xla files to make sure there wasn't an add-in that
seems to cause this. I seem to remember installing something that was
supposed to let me change the default directory, but it was automatic, so I
don't know how to remove it. Any suggestions on where else to look are
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Go to StartControlPanelPrinters and Other HardwarePrinters and FaxesView
Installed Printers. If you do not show a printer then click on Add Printer
and use the Wizard to add your default printer.