Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Art Art is offline

Default Slow VBA (Vlookup)

Hello:

I have a problem with a slow VBA code. Actually I don't think it's the code
that is the problem, rather the formulas. I use a list box in a userform to
sort a small list of 14 items. But this in turn causes the formula in the
sheet to update since the list order is changed which is over 28,000 cells,
which in turn causes two columns, each with also over 28,000 rows of formula
to change. Additionally the formulas are Vlookup and I must use the "False"
at the end of the formula, (except if I add to the VBA to sort the whole
column each time, which I think will just add to the wait time).

To change just one item on the list takes over 60 seconds, which is way to
long for me. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorting 28000 rows should take a lot less than 60 seconds, so try it and
see.

Presumably you have set Application.Screenupdating to false and
Application.Calculation to xlManual.

Charles
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com

"art" wrote in message
[...]

Slow Tab Tony7659 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 August 5th 09 09:49 PM
Very Slow Yousoft Excel Programming 1 December 11th 07 12:59 PM
VERY SLOW Yousoft Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 11th 07 12:56 PM
Slow Excel Navigation with Up / Down Arrow and slow scrolling deddog Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 August 14th 07 09:56 PM
Why Del is Slow Ananth Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 August 3rd 07 04:26 PM