Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dal Dal is offline

Default show/hide comments

Hi,

i've got comments on my worksheet and was wandering if there is a way to
show/hide comments through a command button or by assigning a macro to an
image. I know that you can easily do this by select show/hide comments on the
toolbar but as the users of my spreadsheet know nothing about excel i've been
told to include this in the actual spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Record a macro when you do this manually (one for show and one for hide).

Then plop a couple of buttons from the Forms toolbar onto your worksheet and
assign the macros to the buttons.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Put a button on your sheet then add this code to it to toggle the comments
on/off.

Sub Button1_Click()
If Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlCommentIndicatorOnly Then
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlCommentAndIndicator
Else
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlCommentIndicatorOnly

Mike