Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Expert Macro/VBA Help Needed

I have a report that is run through Access. The master table in Access is
linked to an excel spreadsheet that contains all the links to our individual
spreadsheets where we actually enter the data. The report that I'm working
on has two functions. The first works perfect. The second I'm stuck on
because not all of the columns are uploaded from Access when the report is
run.

What I would like to know... is there a way either in Macro/VBA or a
function that will allow the cells that do not upload to link to the name of
the patient that the information belongs to. For instance:

A1 = Joe
B1 = Smith
C1 = 12345678
D1 = Not Medically Necessary

A - C are uploaded from Access, but D is not. In this situation Joe Smith
is currently in row 1, but when the upload is run again Joe is now in row 10.
His information is still in D1 though. So what I need to know is if there
is a way for D1 to search for Joe through all the claims and move the data to
that new row??

I'm not sure if this is possible, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

there are a few way of accomplishing this task. Right know I'm not sure how
you are getting the data from Access to Excel. Is it through SQL commmands
or is it a table you are downloading.

Here are some suggestions

1) If you are using a table in access create a new table in access with
the additional column(s) you need and then download the new Table.

2) Create a new query that contains all the columns. You can use a
recorded Macro by Going to worksheet menu Tools - Macro - Start Recording.
the perform a new query manually by going to worksheet menu Data - Import
External Data - New Database Query. Select your MDB file and the columns you
need and hit the import button. Then you can use the new macro to help you
modify you old macro,

3) You can open an Access Object an link it to your Daabase file. Then
step through the tables in Access to get the information you required.

I really don't have enough information yet to help you with your request.