rvnwdr

Default expert with formulas needed again

I currently have this formula entered to calculate the meal allowance of
$8.00 if a value in another cell is over 5 hrs and 0 or blank if it is
under this.
=if(g10=f10,"",if(h105/24,8,0))

I would like to go one more step. I would like it to calculate the
$8.00 if over 5 hrs, 0 or blank if under or blank hrs and $16.00 if it
is over 10 hrs. Can any one help me?

--
rvnwdr
rvnwdr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23903

Anne Troy

=if(g1010,16,if(g105,8,0)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"rvnwdr" wrote in
message ...

I currently have this formula entered to calculate the meal allowance of
$8.00 if a value in another cell is over 5 hrs and 0 or blank if it is
under this.
=if(g10=f10,"",if(h105/24,8,0))

I would like to go one more step. I would like it to calculate the
$8.00 if over 5 hrs, 0 or blank if under or blank hrs and $16.00 if it
is over 10 hrs. Can any one help me?

--
rvnwdr
rvnwdr's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=381410

dominicb

Good evening rvnwdr

I have inserted one extra IF statement to cater for the $16 allowance
and in the tests I've just done it seems to work OK - is this OK for
you?

=IF(G10=F10,"",IF(H1010,16,IF(H105,8,0)))

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932

rvnwdr

I have tried both of these formulas and my spreadsheet keeps giving me
0:00 if it is over 5 hrs... :)

Anne Troy Wrote:
=if(g1010,16,if(g105,8,0)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"rvnwdr" wrote
in
message ...

I currently have this formula entered to calculate the meal allowance

of
$8.00 if a value in another cell is over 5 hrs and 0 or blank if it

is
under this.
=if(g10=f10,"",if(h105/24,8,0))

I would like to go one more step. I would like it to calculate the
$8.00 if over 5 hrs, 0 or blank if under or blank hrs and $16.00 if

it
is over 10 hrs. Can any one help me?

--
rvnwdr

rvnwdr's Profile:

View this thread:

rvnwdr
rvnwdr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23903
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=381410

mangesh_yadav

The same formula but you need to take care of the time format, and so
while checking divide by 24:

=IF(G10=F10,"",IF(H1010/24,16,IF(H10/245,8,0)))

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10470