Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Art Art is offline

Default Tabs Jumping

Hello:

How can I make a userform with some text boxes where the user enters some
text and when the text max is up it should jump tp the next tab. For E.G. if
the first tab maxLength is 5 and the user had entered already 5 letters, it
should jump to the next tab?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to do this in the Textbox_Change event.

Say, in your Textbox is called 'Textbox1' then you could make af line in the
event procedure, something like this:

If Len(Texbox1.Value) = 5 Then

What goes after the 'Then' depends on what and where you want to jump to,
but hopefully you get the idea :-)

However, be aware that if the user enters a wrong 5th character, the user
will not be ablue to just hit backspace to correct the error!

CE

art wrote:
Hello:

How can I make a userform with some text boxes where the user enters
some text and when the text max is up it should jump tp the next tab.
For E.G. if the first tab maxLength is 5 and the user had entered
already 5 letters, it should jump to the next tab?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If Len(Texbox1.Value) = 5 Then
Textbox2.SetFocus

try that
:)
susan

art wrote:
Hello:

How can I make a userform with some text boxes where the user enters
some text and when the text max is up it should jump tp the next tab.
For E.G. if the first tab maxLength is 5 and the user had entered
already 5 letters, it should jump to the next tab?

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Art Art is offline

Thanks.

"Susan" wrote:

If Len(Texbox1.Value) = 5 Then
Textbox2.SetFocus

try that
:)
susan

art wrote:
Hello:

How can I make a userform with some text boxes where the user enters
some text and when the text max is up it should jump tp the next tab.
For E.G. if the first tab maxLength is 5 and the user had entered
already 5 letters, it should jump to the next tab?

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You would use the SetFocus method...

If Len(TextBox1.Value) = 5 Then TextBox2.SetFocus

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)