Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Password to Lock out VBA from View

Is it possible to create a Password to lock the VBA from view via
code?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes there is but it would be classed as "virus" activity if you use it
to change someone elses settings. What you should do is password protect
your project first before distributing it, this is then your choice and
not manipulating the choices of others, i can see no valid reason to
lock a vba project after it is distributed!

--
The Code Cage Team

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=6604

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No valid reason? Here's one, I am distributing a file that I create
via code, part of this code disables thecopy/paste feature which is
held within ThisWorkbook so that the content is not copied to another
file, I also restrict users access to the said file. All these
protections are not fool proof, but they work with the users I'm
dealing with

"What you should do is password protect your project first before
distributing it" this is what I am attempting to do via code

Is the reason good enough??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Seanie
You need to use sendkeys and make sure access to VBA project is trusted

hree is some more info:
http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22421

Cheers
Simon