Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to create a standard Quick Launch menu in Excel 2007

Hi

How do I create a Quick Launch menu in Excel 2007 that will be shown each
time I start Excel 2007?

I have created one in Word 2007 by creating a .dotm file where I have added
the necessary macros to the Quick Launch menu and placing it in the START
folder. If I do the same with the Personal.xlsb it doesn't work.

/Lasse
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lasse

Maybe you like this menu
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

Or see
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Lasse" wrote in message ...
Hi

How do I create a Quick Launch menu in Excel 2007 that will be shown each
time I start Excel 2007?

I have created one in Word 2007 by creating a .dotm file where I have added
the necessary macros to the Quick Launch menu and placing it in the START
folder. If I do the same with the Personal.xlsb it doesn't work.

/Lasse

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron

Thanks for your reply.

I have actually seen your site and tried your add-in. I am not interested in
a drop-down add-in, I am interested in adding a button for each macro in the
QAT. I have no problem doing this in Word 2007, just add the macros to the
Personal template.

After some trial and error I have found out that I can create a
Personal.xlsb containing all the macros and forms and then create a add-in
(Add-in.xlam) where I have customized the QAT and inserted the macros as
buttons from the Personal.xlsb. My only problem is that it looks like I have
to create a new Add-in.xlam each time I need to change or add buttons to the
QAT.

/Lasse

"Lasse" wrote in message ...
Hi

How do I create a Quick Launch menu in Excel 2007 that will be shown each
time I start Excel 2007?

I have created one in Word 2007 by creating a .dotm file where I have added
the necessary macros to the Quick Launch menu and placing it in the START
folder. If I do the same with the Personal.xlsb it doesn't work.

/Lasse

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lasse

Create the QAT you want in a new workbook
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

See this section
How do you customize the QAT for one workbook

After that save the workook as a add-in