Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default protect xls workbook (Vista)

Hello,

VISTA computer: can you please tell me how to protect an xls woorkbook/file
so that people can use filters but Cannot change formats, delete cells,.....

Thank you !

Arno
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

By default the protect sheet is not set up to allow the use of autofilter.
when you apply protection to the sheet when the dialog box opens for your
password, scroll down to the bottom and you will see a "Use Autofilter" box,
just check this.

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
www.thecodecage.com/forumz

"Arno" wrote:

Hello,

VISTA computer: can you please tell me how to protect an xls woorkbook/file
so that people can use filters but Cannot change formats, delete cells,.....

Thank you !

Arno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're talking about 2 different things!, worksheet protection is done on a
sheet by sheet basis (or you can use a macro to do all of them) so you can
set each sheets permissions differently, and workbook protection is for the
whole structure.

Protect Sheet and Protect Workbook are on the review tab.

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
www.thecodecage.com/forumz

"Arno" wrote:

Hello,

VISTA computer: can you please tell me how to protect an xls woorkbook/file
so that people can use filters but Cannot change formats, delete cells,.....

Thank you !

Arno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Amo

Just a head's up to prevent any confusion.

Vista is an operating system and has nothing to do with MS Office or Excel.

What you mean is "protect.xls(Excel 2007)"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP