Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default COPYING ONE ROW TO ANOTHER SHEET AFTER CELL INPUT

Good Morning!

I have been trying to do this but unfortunately I am not that great with
Macros

I have sheet named ERRORS and on this sheet I have Column A:G
I have sheet name CODE ERROR and on this sheet I have Column A:G just like
the errors sheet.

I want to copy the entire ROW from sheet ERRORS to CODE ERROR each time
Column G on Sheet ERRORS has input "Code Error"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This will go in the Worksheet code module for Sheets("ERRORS"). Right click
the sheet name tab and then select view code to open the code module window.
Paste this code into the module. This is untested. Post back if any
difficulties in running.

Dim lr As Long
lr = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 7).End(xlUp).Row
lr2 = Sheets("CODE ERROR").Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("G2:G" & lr) Is Nothing Then
If LCase(Target) = "code error" Then
Target.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("CODE ERROR").Range("A" & lr2)

It should copy the row if you enter "code error" in column G of
Sheets("ERRORS").

"OfficeMan" wrote:

Good Morning!

I have been trying to do this but unfortunately I am not that great with
Macros

I have sheet named ERRORS and on this sheet I have Column A:G
I have sheet name CODE ERROR and on this sheet I have Column A:G just like
the errors sheet.

I want to copy the entire ROW from sheet ERRORS to CODE ERROR each time
Column G on Sheet ERRORS has input "Code Error"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks a lot for the help!

I have implemented this on my Sheet however I now get a code error of 438
Object does not support this property or method and then it highlights this
line:

lr2 = Sheets("CODE ERROR")(Rows.Count, 1).End(x1UP).Row

Sheet 1 is ERROR and the info starts on row 6
Sheet 2 is CODE ERROR and the info starts on row 6 as well.

Thanks again.

"OfficeMan" wrote:

Good Morning!

I have been trying to do this but unfortunately I am not that great with
Macros

I have sheet named ERRORS and on this sheet I have Column A:G
I have sheet name CODE ERROR and on this sheet I have Column A:G just like
the errors sheet.

I want to copy the entire ROW from sheet ERRORS to CODE ERROR each time
Column G on Sheet ERRORS has input "Code Error"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks -

On this one it's telling me a differnt error

lr2 = Sheets("CODE ERROR").Rows.Count, 6).End(xlUp).Row

On this line it says "Expected end of statement"

"OfficeMan" wrote:

Good Morning!

I have been trying to do this but unfortunately I am not that great with
Macros

I have sheet named ERRORS and on this sheet I have Column A:G
I have sheet name CODE ERROR and on this sheet I have Column A:G just like
the errors sheet.

I want to copy the entire ROW from sheet ERRORS to CODE ERROR each time
Column G on Sheet ERRORS has input "Code Error"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

with sheets("Code error")
lr2 = .cells(.Rows.Count, 6).End(xlUp).Row
End with

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for the help, however I have this following code and no error
message but nothing happens once I input on column G

Dim lr As Long, lr2 As Long
lr = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 7).End(xlUp).Row
With Sheets("CODE ERROR")
lr2 = .Cells(.Rows.Count, 6).End(xlUp).Row
End With
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("G6:G" & lr)) Is Nothing Then

"OfficeMan" wrote:

Good Morning!

I have been trying to do this but unfortunately I am not that great with
Macros

I have sheet named ERRORS and on this sheet I have Column A:G
I have sheet name CODE ERROR and on this sheet I have Column A:G just like
the errors sheet.

I want to copy the entire ROW from sheet ERRORS to CODE ERROR each time
Column G on Sheet ERRORS has input "Code Error"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I still left a bad code line in there after correcting it in my code module,
I sent you the one from Note Pad. Oh well! It's one of those days.

Your current problem: The way your original posting read was to look for
the words "Code Error" in column G. Apparently you want it to react to any
change in column G. If that is true, then change the following:

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("G6:G" & lr)) Is Nothing Then
If LCase(Target) = "Code Error" Then
Target.EntireRow.copy Sheets("CODE ERROR").Range("A" & lr2)

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("G6:G" & lr)) Is Nothing Then
Target.EntireRow.copy Sheets("CODE ERROR").Range("A" & lr2)
End If

As long as there is data in the target cell of column G, it will run the
macro.

"OfficeMan" wrote:

Good Morning!

I have been trying to do this but unfortunately I am not that great with
Macros

I have sheet named ERRORS and on this sheet I have Column A:G
I have sheet name CODE ERROR and on this sheet I have Column A:G just like
the errors sheet.

I want to copy the entire ROW from sheet ERRORS to CODE ERROR each time
Column G on Sheet ERRORS has input "Code Error"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're comparing a lower case string to a mixed case string with this line:
If LCase(Target) = "Code Error" Then
It'll never be true.

I'd use:
If LCase(Target.value) = lcase("Code Error") Then