Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copying input to another cell

How can I enter text in one cell and have it copy to another cell
automatically, not using copy/paste feature. Such as type in date in cell A3
and it automatically appears in cell E33. Also, can this same feature work
if I use a data validation list and want that same pull down feature
selection to appear in another cell as well. Excel 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Seems you could put this formula in E33: =A3

When you change A3 the E33 will change.

Do the same with your data valaditation cell where in the destination cell
you enter ='whatever the dv cell is'

Or you could use this event macro to do the same, adjust the ranges to suit
your sheet.

If Target < Range("A3") Then Exit Sub
Range("E33").Value = Range("A3").Value
End Sub

Right click the tab and click View Code and paste into the large white area.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"ghighigirl" wrote in message
How can I enter text in one cell and have it copy to another cell
automatically, not using copy/paste feature. Such as type in date in cell
A3
and it automatically appears in cell E33. Also, can this same feature
work
if I use a data validation list and want that same pull down feature
selection to appear in another cell as well. Excel 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Unless you're hiding some special circumstances, you should be able type the
formula
=A3
down in cell E33 and accomplish what you want. Same for the other situation
with the validated list.