Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add 10 minutes to a Date

I have a procedure that imports data from another workbook. I want ensure
that the source workbook has been updated in the last 10 minutes before I do
the import. How can I do this? Here is an example:

' make sure macola file has been updated in the last 10 mins
If ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") + 10 minutes <
Date Then
Call UpdateStatusOnOpen(ThisWorkbook)

Cheers,
Ryan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

RyanH,

Try this function:

ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") + .00695

--
--Thomas [PBD]
Working hard to make working easy.

"RyanH" wrote:

I have a procedure that imports data from another workbook. I want ensure
that the source workbook has been updated in the last 10 minutes before I do
the import. How can I do this? Here is an example:

' make sure macola file has been updated in the last 10 mins
If ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") + 10 minutes <
Date Then
Call UpdateStatusOnOpen(ThisWorkbook)

Cheers,
Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ther are two solutions

1) ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") + 1/(24 * 6)
2) ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") + TimeSerial(0,
10, 0)

"RyanH" wrote:

I have a procedure that imports data from another workbook. I want ensure
that the source workbook has been updated in the last 10 minutes before I do
the import. How can I do this? Here is an example:

' make sure macola file has been updated in the last 10 mins
If ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") + 10 minutes <
Date Then
Call UpdateStatusOnOpen(ThisWorkbook)

Cheers,
Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am getting an error: Automation Error. Can the BuiltinDocumentProperties
only be used with ThisWorkbook? I can't get it to work with the workbook
wbkDataSource.

If wbkDataSource.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") + TimeSerial(0,
10, 0) < Date Then
'do something
End If

Any ideas?

--
Cheers,
Ryan

"RyanH" wrote:

I have a procedure that imports data from another workbook. I want ensure
that the source workbook has been updated in the last 10 minutes before I do
the import. How can I do this? Here is an example:

' make sure macola file has been updated in the last 10 mins
If ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") + 10 minutes <
Date Then
Call UpdateStatusOnOpen(ThisWorkbook)

Cheers,
Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The error also occurs with tthisWorkbook. This is a bug with collection
method. Not all collections can be address directly by name. Here is a work
around

Savetime = ""
For i = 1 To ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Count
PName = ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(i).Nam e
If PName = "Last save time" Then
Savetime = ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(i).Val ue
Exit For
End If
Next i

For i = 1 To wbkDataSource.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Count
PName = wbkDataSource.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(i).Na me
If PName = "Last save time" Then
Savetime = wbkDataSource.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(i).Va lue
Exit For
End If
Next i

"RyanH" wrote:

I have a procedure that imports data from another workbook. I want ensure
that the source workbook has been updated in the last 10 minutes before I do
the import. How can I do this? Here is an example:

' make sure macola file has been updated in the last 10 mins
If ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") + 10 minutes <
Date Then
Call UpdateStatusOnOpen(ThisWorkbook)

Cheers,
Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't get an error when I use this line:

SaveTime = ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(12).Va lue

But I do get the same error with the "work around code" you gave me and by
using ActiveWorkbook. Error description: "Automation Error"

SaveTime = wbkDataSource.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(12).V alue
SaveTime = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(12). Value

Any idea why?
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"RyanH" wrote:

I have a procedure that imports data from another workbook. I want ensure
that the source workbook has been updated in the last 10 minutes before I do
the import. How can I do this? Here is an example:

' make sure macola file has been updated in the last 10 mins
If ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") + 10 minutes <
Date Then
Call UpdateStatusOnOpen(ThisWorkbook)

Cheers,
Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no difference between our two methods i the variable i is a number
between 1 and the maximum count.

If the strings are matching maybe that is the reason try replacing this
statement

If UCase(PName) = UCase("Last save time") Then

The function will not work with your original string because of the
capitalization.

"RyanH" wrote:

I have a procedure that imports data from another workbook. I want ensure
that the source workbook has been updated in the last 10 minutes before I do
the import. How can I do this? Here is an example:

' make sure macola file has been updated in the last 10 mins
If ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") + 10 minutes <
Date Then
Call UpdateStatusOnOpen(ThisWorkbook)

Cheers,
Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Joel,

I got this code from Per Jessen. It works great. I don't understand why
Microsoft would only allow you to use ThisWorkbook and not ActiveWorkbook or
an Object Variable.

If FileDateTime(wbkDataSource.FullName) + TimeSerial(0, 10, 0) < Date
Then
'do something

Cheers,
Ryan

"RyanH" wrote:

I have a procedure that imports data from another workbook. I want ensure
that the source workbook has been updated in the last 10 minutes before I do
the import. How can I do this? Here is an example:

' make sure macola file has been updated in the last 10 mins
If ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time") + 10 minutes <
Date Then