Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Addin File Size

Any thoughts on control Addin file size? In the past, i could reduce the file
size of an addin, by exporting/removing every module/form, then re-importing
these files, and saving. I think this would also possibly get rid of the
compiled component.
This process does not seem to work with Excel 2007. My particular situation
is I added about 100 lines of code to a program that previously had easily
5-10,000l lines of code that was stored in about 0.5 MB, and now my file has
ballooned up to 4 MB, 8x bigger.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many people use Rob Bovey's Code Cleaner to to what you describe. It looks
like it works in 2007:

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

hth,

Doug